Medicaid provided by the State in coordination with the federal government is one that is offered to the need persons living in the state of Washington. This basic plan covers all the Medicaid charges that cannot be borne by the poor individuals with less income annually. The medical expenses are on the rise and even the dental expenses are no exception to this rising phenomenon.
Therefore Medicaid program offered by the state provides coverage for dental care as well. The individual has to reach out to the dental doctors or hospitals that are within the network coverage of the Medicaid program offered by the State where the individual does not have to pay for the treatment charges.
Medicaid Dental Coverage in Washington
The various dental coverage provided to individuals in Washington state is described as under:-
1) It is mandatory that children under the age of 21 years are covered for dental treatments which include dental checkups, dental treatment for infections, treatment for decayed teeth and all other dental procedures as necessary according to the State of Washington.
2) The Medicaid plan also covers dental treatments such as annual checkups, preventive dental care, cavities and gum disease treatment for adults over the age of 21 years as well.
3) There is coverage for emergency dental treatment for both children and adults which includes dental problems such as broken teeth, infection treatment and extraction of decayed tooth.
4) Generally the dental coverage under the Medicaid program covers many basic preventive care treatment and procedures such as teeth cleaning, fluoride treatment, crowns and fillings, X-ray charges, root canal treatment, tooth extraction, fixing of dentures etc.
5) Some of the treatments that the Medicaid does not cover in dental treatments are cosmetic dental treatments such as teeth whitening, braces treatment, and placement of veneers etc which are not essential dental care services.